Child maintenance service is part of the Department for Work and Pensions in the United Kingdom. Formerly CSA (Child Support Agency), calculates the amount of money due to the care of the child involved. Based on legislation, it is also responsible for collections, enforcement and transferral of payment from the absent parent to the person caring for the child. The Child Maintenance Service phone number is open Monday through Friday 8:00am-8:00pm & Sat 9:00am-4:00pm.
Child Maintenance Service Phone Number:
*Calls to 0844 numbers cost 7p/min + your phone company’s access charge. This is a call connection service, the official phone numbers can be found in the public domain at no cost or on the official website. We are not affiliated or associated with any of the government agencies or companies listed on the site, trademarks are property of their respective owners.
This company will become involved in a situation only when either of the two parents of the child, request help from Child Maintenance service number. This is impossible, however, if the absentee parent is living abroad.
The method of calculation was revised an a different method implemented in 2003. This is a fixed percentage of the absentee parent’s net earnings. This is 15% for a single child, 20% for 2 children and 25% for more than 2. Considerations are also made for absentee parents who already have children living in their home.
How to get the most out of calling Child Maintenance Helpline:
- It’s important to be ready for your call to the Child Maintenance number customer services. This could mean that you have all the necessary details of the claim that you might need. Details of the absentee’s earnings is not essential, but will definitely speed the process up.
- Also have your personal details at hand for identification purposes, such as your National Insurance Number, your date of birth, your address, etc.
- Listen to the customer care voice messaging and prompting service. This will guide you through the menus and ensure that your call is directed to the agent best trained to handle your particular query.
- Be calm and polite. Child Maintenance customer service is there to assist you. If you have frustrations and issues with a previous partner, it’s best to vent this before your call.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How do I know if I’m eligible for Child Maintenance?
You will be eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a child under the age of 16
- (Or) you have a child that is under the age of 20 and studying full-time
- (Or) you have a child that is under 20 but a parent has registered child benefit for them
2. What details will you need when I make an application?
You will need the following:
- National Insurance Number
- Your bank account details (for the money to be paid into)
- The child’s personal details (full name, names of parents, etc.)
You will also need to make a payment for the application. This is £20 and you are excluded from paying if you are either a victim of domestic abuse or under the age of 19.
3. How will you be using my information?
Any information you provide by calling the Child Maintenance telephone number, will be used to make payments to your account and (if needed) to attempt to find the absentee parent. It’s worth noting here that if the absentee parent is living abroad, no claim can be made.
Your details could be used by other government agencies, courts or even debt collection agencies. Call the Child Maintenance phone number listed here to find out more information.
Child Maintenance Postal Address:
Child Support Agency 2
Post Handling Site B
- 1 Child Maintenance Service Phone Number:
- 2 How to get the most out of calling Child Maintenance Helpline:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 4 Child Maintenance Postal Address: